Having a slanting or sloping position or direction; inclined, diagonal. May refer to a style of type that slants to the left, as opposed to the italic style, which slants to the right. Obliques are rarely used in printing except for special effects.(pr. oh-BLEEK)Also see bevel, bias, declivity, font, and projection.