Treble shift


A mechanical device on an accordion that directs air from the bellows through additional reeds to create a different tone quality of the melody notes. There are typically four sets of treble shifts, one set tuned in unison, a second set tuned one octave higher, a third tuned one octave lower, and the fourth set, the tremulant, tuned slightly higher than unison. A universal system of labels has been given to these treble shifts for the composer to designate specific sounds.Table of Treble Shifts and LabelsUnison onlyUnison & Lower OctaveLower Octave onlyUnison & Higher OctaveHigher Octave onlyUnison & TremulantHigher Octave & Lower OctaveUnison, Higher Octave & Lower OctaveUnison, Higher Octave & TremulantUnison, Lower Octave & TremulantMaster (all sets)

Your data and time are valuable. There's a new web browser that considers your time and security as a top priority.

Download Brave Browser For Free!

Brave uses the latest in blockchain technology.

This ensures a higher quality and more secure experience. Learn more about this fantastic breakthrough.

Loads Content Up To 8X Faster

Because Brave blocks unwanted tracking scripts that run in the background, your browsing speed will be unparalleled.

Ultimate in Privacy & Security

Brave fights malware and prevents tracking, keeping your information safe and secure.